Monday, October 19, 2009

Upcoming Assignments

Just to reiterate what I said in class today:

1. Topics for the second assignment (Parts I and II) were distributed in class today. If you weren't there, or didn't get one, there's a link over there in the sidebar. (I finally got updated to Word 2008, so that's a docx file. If I'm not the last person on the planet to have had trouble with docx files, please let me know and I'll put it up in doc as well.)

2. The syllabus list another writing assignment in addition to the one I've just assigned, the "ECCO assignment." It will be due in between Part I and Part II of the second paper. It will be somewhat shorter than the syllabus say, though--3 to 4 pages, instead of 4 to 6.

3. We will NOT be reading Joseph Addison's Cato, unless I hear strong protests to the contrary (please protest strongly by e-mail, if you are so inclined). Instead we will read John Gay's The Beggar's Opera, which is included in the Longman Anthology. Same dates on the syllabus, different play.

Please feel free to e-mail me, respond to this post, or talk to me after class if you have questions.

No comments: